Monday, July 30, 2007

My summer

I had a wonderful summer in the States. I flew home on May 24th, just in time to get ready for my brother's wedding on the 26th. I was forced to stay awake and got over jet lag fairly quickly because we were so busy those first few days I was home. Ben and Becca's wedding was beautiful!




Just a few weeks after Ben and Becca's wedding, we traveled down to South Carolina for Nate and Jessica's wedding on June 23rd. It was also a very special wedding!





For much of the summer I was at home reading for fun and in preparation for school, taking walks/runs through the hills of VT, and spending time with family and friends. At the beginning of the summer, I went to a choral festival with my friends Natasha and Dawn. Here are a few pictures from the Trapp Family Lodge where the festival was held.




I also taught the preschool class during Neighborhood Bible Time.


And here are a couple of pictures of the view from Trinity.
I live near the base of Camel's Hump:


Mount Mansfield:


Then, at the beginning of July, I went back down to Greenville to visit my friends Dave and Desiree Talbert, who were home from China, and to see my brother Nate and my new sister-in-law Jessica.

We got these amazingly huge ice cream cones from Bruster's. It was raining, so we got a free scoop, and Nate had buy one get one free coupons, and he paid with a gift certificate! A great deal for some great ice cream.


While I was visiting down south, I had the great pleasure of attending Medieval Times in Georgia. It was a thrilling experience. We all had a great time cheering on the Red Knight!

No comments: