Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mid-December Madness

It's been so long since I've blogged, I hope I can remember how to do it.

I've been teaching Twelfth Night recently, hence the allusion to Shakespeare in the title of my post. I do love Shakespeare; I wish I could teach more of him, but alas, the semester is ending soon and with it our exploration of a couple of his great plays. My seniors are in for a doosy of a semester exam. If any of them are reading this, I hope they take the warning and study. (In class I've been encouraging them to study, so don't be worried that I haven't told them.)

In between writing recommendation letters for several seniors tonight, I'm going to try to post some recent pictures of things I've done lately. I've had a busy month and a half since I last wrote, so I need to get some pictures up before I head off for Christmas break, which will mean more pictures!

Linda, Kallen, and Grace read the parts of the Weird Sisters in Macbeth Act I. The witches are described as having beards, so the girls came up with a creative solution. We were able to go to the auditorium for class one day to act out scenes from the play--one of my favorite activities of the year. The students always have a great time, too.

No comments: